Thursday, November 12, 2015

[REVIEW] Holika Holika Wonder Drawing 24H Auto Eyebrow Pencil #2 Dark Brown

I have been wanting to use an eyebrow pencil for a while. I have been only using eyebrow gel (mascara) all this time and I think eyebrow pencil will be better to give definition and tidy-up my brow compared to mascara type.

Eyebrow make up has been popular since quite a time by now but it is a whole new world for me to venture. I have naturally medium thick eyebrow which is slightly arched. 

I am still learning how to groom my eyebrow

Since I have a profound love for Korean Make Up products, I am going to buy mine from those range. My first choice is actually the The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Design My Eyebrow. However, I got the  Holika Holika Wonder Drawing Eyebrow Pencil haha. I was couple bucks short from being the member, and I remember that I need an eyebrow pencil. So, well.. the difference should not be too extreme right?

Holika Holika Wonder Drawing Eyebrow Pencil
Holika Holika Wonder Drawing Eyebrow Pencil
It comes with 2 ends: a brush and the pencil-like end
The eyebrow pencil is somewhat crayon like but when applied on turns somewhat powdery. The color is dark brown which matches my current 'ombre' hair. It lasted all day and the brush is good at evening out the harsh edges. 

Holika Holika Wonder Drawing Eyebrow Pencil
This is the color on my skin
I am somewhat still a freshman in 'brow-drawing-faculty'. There are lots of things unknown to me and I am still exploring the areas. I know that with my round face, I am not allowed to draw the straight korean eyebrow as it will make my face even more round. 

Source here

I decided to play it safe at first, following my natural eyebrow line.
Eyebrow tutorial Holika Holika Eyebrow Pencil
from the left:
1. bare eyebrow
2. draw the outline of the eyebrow
3. fill the sparse area
4. brush it to blend out harsh edges

And I am done!
Natural enough?
I am not exactly satisfied.
I will definitely update further techniques that I discovered that are quite easy and natural looking enough for daily wear.

Review:

Price: Rp 110K-150K (I forgot the price)
Pros:
• Long last, Waterproof
• Good packaging, Good Brush.
• Good color
• Relatively cheap
Cons:
• After couple of weeks, the end of the pencil tend to be kinda blunt and it is quite hard to draw define line with it
Recommended: Yes, it is a good one.
Repurchase: Probably not. I still want to try The Faceshop ME:EX

No comments:

Post a Comment