Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The Failure, The Acceptance, and Hopefully, The Success (part 1)

I have been taking a break from all the internet postings lately. 
I started writing blog to pour my heart content in the writing as the burden that I bear is almost unbearable. 
I am not a strong girl. I know it from a long time ago. I am not persistent, and I prefer to work smart, than work hard. I am INFJ and most probably Sanguine-Melancholic slash Phlegmatic. HAHA.

For you who do not know what is that:

Phlegmatic confirmed, I somewhat shift from Melancholic and Sanguine. (Like Riley from Inside Out)

Well, let me tell you the background of my story. 

I was a little girl, born and raised until I was 16 in a small, small town in Borneo Island, Indonesia. I come from a Chinese family, the eldest of two daughter. As I am sure you all already heard about the rage of "wanting a male successor to continue the family name (lineage)" in the Chinese (and most probably majority of ASIAN culture affected by Confucianism) culture, my family was not an exception. Although I am lucky enough to have an open-minded parents for a small town. 

I was able to go abroad to study, despite the mocking and disagreement from my big family (aunts and uncles). I vowed to make my parents proud, to be successful beyond measure to shut my big family up. 

I went for university for 3 years, I graduated on 2012 and I start working on 2013 in a Korean Company in Jakarta, Indonesia. My salary was good, but than I want more challenge. I admit I was naive and greedy back then. Not knowing much about the world, I quit the perfectly good job with good boss and good friends to look for another one. It was April 2014 and I was 23 years old. 

Might be one of the stupidest things that I have ever done, or not.

I got my new job in less than a month, that was a good job at first. I got to meet lots of business people, there is a chance to travel, the pay was less than my previous job, but with more flexible working hour. I took the job without much hesitation and high hope. I started on June 2014, with a-suppose-to-be 1 month training at East Java, Indonesia. I went gleefully, with high hope and spirit. 
Little that I know that the ending will not be pretty. I was placed there for 6 months a.k.a half a year with uncertainty when will I be positioned back to Jakarta due to technical reasons which I would rather not mentioned here. FYI, the town is foreign to me. I was never been there before, I know 2 people before I went there. I was placed in the factory 1-2 hours ride from the rental house provided by the company. I was lonely, I was uncertain, I feel hopeless. I was stressed because the company was literally not systematize. 
Therefore, with the uncertainty of the future, the stresses, and the loneliness, I decided that the job didn't worth my time at all. I quit on November 2014 to go back to my hometown. 


This might be one of the best things that I have ever done to myself.

This, is my FAILURE STAGE

(To Be Continued to part two... here)








No comments:

Post a Comment